Teatro Sociale of Como

Como (Italy)

The portal of the Teatro Sociale of Como has classically a draped valance, which exposes in the centre the emblem of the city, the curtain with Traveler opening, which uses an Atlas type manual Track system, and the teaser.The theater has a historic curtain realized by the important Lombard scenographer and Alessandro Sanquirico (Milan 1777-1849), a pupil of Piermarini too.It represents the death of Plinio il Vecchio ...
View all
... during the eruption of Vesuvius that destroyed Pompei in 79 AD, he was born in Como in 23 AD.From the right, made of red velvet, a framed wing, the stage curtain and a proscenium wing.The six orders of wings and the backdrop of the Stage masking made of COS - Oscurante molton ...
... according to classic modalities (Strap, Eyelets and Ties on the top, hems on the sides).It is composed by 18 parts: - 12 wings (six for every side) size 2,9 x h 9 m;- 5 borders 19 x h 2,9 m; - 1 backdrop 19 x h 10 m.The picture shows the 5% slope of the floor ...
... and the straight installation of the wings..In this moment only two tops out of five are installed, that is the two toward the end of the stage.The openings of the wings put in evidence the arches with the doors for the charge and discharge of the stage equipments, and on the top, the two catwalks.The Flyloft is approximately 13,5 m high.
The stage of Teatro Sociale of Como is here photographed in October 2007, during the installation of the scenography by Emanuela Pischedda of Cosž fan tutte, directed by Mariano Dammacco.
The wings in the direction of the end of the stage, installed to frame the backdrop made of RTE - Temporale.
The same top masking in a view from the second catwalk in the direction of the curtain.
The back tops of the stage of the Teatro Sociale seen from the first catwalk of the stage.
The Teatro Sociale is a theatre ''all'italiana'' with the hall in the shape of a body of a violoncello, with three tiers of boxes, two galleries, 850 seats.
The construction of the Teatro Sociale of Como was started in 1811 according to the neoclassical style project by architect Giuseppe Cusi, who was a collaborator of the architect Luigi Canonica, a pupil of Piermarini.
The same Canonica was called in 1812 to complete the works and drew the southern facade, now covered.
raising for the construction of the gallery and widening of the stalls
Leopoldo Rospini
New decoration
of the vault of the hall
Eleuterio Pagliano
Gaetano Spelluzzi
abolition of the boxes of the fourth order in the place of an unique gallery
reopening after the execution of important restoration works

Materials used in this production

1A - Atlas

Track systems

3C - Canapa Rope


8LCA - Cantinella

Bars for stagecraft

COS - Oscurante

Duvetyne and blackout fabrics

Stage maskings

Acoustic curtains

Information on data processing