Equipped with stalls, gallery and three balconies, the hall of the Teatro Lirico ''Giorgio Gaber'' has a capacity of 1,537 seats.
Its story begins in 1776, when a fire destroyed the Teatro Regio Ducale e and work began on the two theatrical buildings that would replace it, both designed by the imperial regio architettoGiuseppe Piermarini.
The main one was the Teatro alla Scala, intended for nobles.
At the same time and equally central, but in the popular district of Bottonuto, was built the Teatro della Cannobiana, subsequently called Teatro Lirico.
The theater was reopened to the public at the end of 2021, after major restoration works started by the Municipality of Milan and completed by Stage Entertainment.
The Municipality of Milan announces the restoration works, the theater is named after Giorgio Gaber Project: Pasquale Mariani Orlandi Acoustic design: Massimo Guazzotti Project analysis and management: Gianni Utica
Stage Entertainment takes over the management of the theater and the direction of the renovation works